Covering all surgical specialties, SOuRCe has established and continues to develop a renowned research profile of surgical outcomes research. Our work includes developing and improving new surgical techniques, enhancing quality of life and patient-reported outcomes, and implementing evidence-based practice.
Sydney Local Health District Collaboration
We are a proud partner of the Royal Prince Alfred Institute of Academic Surgery (IAS). Established in 2014 by SLHD in partnership with the University, the IAS aims to promote academic surgery and endorse best surgical practice and patient care through research, education and academic career development for surgeons.
Given the synergies between the two departments, SOuRCe joined IAS and came under its governance structure. While we continue as a discrete entity, progression our own research programs and provision of surgical research expertise, by joining with the IAS the breadth and depth of our collaborations and research will be greatly enhanced.
SOuRCe versus IAS
Selective research approach to individuals and surgical programs.
Inclusive academic approach to all surgical departments.
- Professor Michael Solomon, Director and Head
- Associate Professor Daniel Steffens, Director
- Dr Kate McBride, Director
- Associate Professor Cherry Koh
- Professor Glenn Salkeld
- Professor Jane Young
- Professor Phyllis Butow
- Dr Sharon Carey
- Associate Professor Charbel Sandroussi
- Dr David Yeo
- Professor Ian Harris
- Ms Madhu Prasad, Administrative Officer
- Ms Kiera Taylor, Pelvic Exenteration Research Officer
- Ms Mollie Pieniazek, Pelvic Exenteration Research Officer
- Mr James Morkaya, Upper Gastrointestinal Research Officer
- Ms Henna Solanki, Peritonectomy Research Officer
- Mr Philip Hay, iCAD/Orthopaedic Research Officer
- Ms Helena Lamberth, Orthopaedic Research Officer
- Mr Lylee Ye, Retroperitoneal Saracoma Research Officer
- Ms Ruby Cole, Priority Trial Research Officer
- Mr Jacob Bird, Robotics Research Officer
- Ms Cherie Fischer, Bone and Soft Tissue Sarcoma Database Manager
- Ms Darya Shapilsky, Bone and Soft Tissue Sarcoma Data Officer
- Ms Yuna Chung, Bone and Soft Tissue Sarcoma Research Officer